Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekends, Mountain Biking, and Family





This weekend was a blur of activity and calm spent with my special someone and my special little someone. We spent time playing games, packing, doing crafts, fishing, and yes, mountain biking!

There is a park behind my house and for years I have wished there were dirt paths through it so recently, when we discovered there are, I started scoping out the mountain bike potential. Finally, this weekend, an early birthday present provided the opportunity for all three of us to go biking and I found out my new youngest best friend is a 10 year old Mountain Bike beast! Nothing makes me smile more than watching a kid enjoy themselves outside doing a healthy activity and having a blast! That smile is worth everything. Added bonus to the Bobcat who crossed our path and gave us something really fun to share, just us girls.

In all the years I have lived here, over 14, I have never explored the park and creek behind my house the way I have in the last 6 months. It just goes to show you, how amazing the places right outside your back door can be when you open yourself up to new experiences. I am going to miss this house and park when we move across town but luckily for me, I have great friends/neighbors who I can visit and I can't wait for the next chapter to start in our home.

Life is amazing and the best part is sharing experiences and places you love with the people you love.




Special shout out to my sweetest nephew who turned 13 on June 1st. I don't know where my baby boy went but he is turning into a special young man and watching him grow is a pleasure.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts