Monday, June 22, 2015

Homemade Face Cream





Almost 45! OMG! I'm OLD!!!


There are a ton of things on my mind right now but I really DON'T feel like blogging about them so I thought I would share my Young Living Oil face cream experience since I am about 3-4 weeks into using it at this point.  Above is a actual photo taken this morning of my soon to be 45 year old face. That's me...all old and me.  

Just a side note, we made homemade ice cream for the kids 12th Birthday and it was amazing but it is also terribly fattening with something like 6 lbs of sugar (or it felt like that much) so I thought I would share something a little healthier with you for a Monday! 

Frankincense

Tea Tree Oil

And this was me making the cream.  Oooh! Ahhh!  I know, live action photos. Does it get any better than this in the blogging world?  I think NOT!

 Basically I use 1 cup of organic coconut oil with about 8-10 drops each Frankincense, Tea Tree, Lavender, and Elemi essential oils from Young Living.   I like coconut oil because it works well for my skin as a carrier oil and it is so hydrating.  My skin is really picky and everything tends to break it out.  I have avoided using commercially produced face creams my entire life because everything causes my skin to erupt but not this.  I think there is something to natural products that I wish I had figured out 20 years ago.  Maybe I would look younger today?

 I gently heated the coconut oil and let it cool.  Coconut oil has a really low melting point, in fact, it will melt with your body temperature so it quickly becomes a liquid on contact with skin.  What I am saying here is, it takes a few seconds to heat it but you don't need to heat it, you can cream this stuff together and the next time I make this, I will do it that way.  Next choose the oils for your skin.

Here is why I chose the oils I did:

Frankincense: May help smooth the appearance of healthy looking skin and who doesn't want smoother looking skin?  Have I mentioned like 75 times yet I am old?

Elemi: Helps reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Sign me up for anything that helps that because did I mention I am going to be 45 in August?

Lavender:  Honestly, I use this oil every single day.  I diffuse it at night to help me relax and calm down before bedtime and it smells wonderful.  It is great for skin too and it is very versatile. I also use it in my shampoo and my eye cream.  Actually, between Lavender and Peppermint it is a tie for which I use most.

Tea Tree Oil:  This oil helps beautify the appearance of skin and cleanses and refreshes.

Alright so I use this cream under my foundation and before I go to bed.  The other night my step-daughter came to hug me goodnight and she smelled my oils on my face and laughed and said "Your oils!"  She is learning.

When combined with the fact that I have added more water to my diet and removed gluten I can really tell that my skin is clear, soft, dewy and completely healthy.   The best part is that this is so cost effective relative to the cost of actual face creams which can run hundreds of dollars.  A jar of coconut oil is about $10.00 and you are only using a few drops of each Young Living essential oil in the cream so you can make this for months and months and months and still have oil, if you don't use the oil for other things but like I said, I use Lavender specifically everyday.

As for why I picked Young Living oils, aside from the fact that I love them and carry them with me wherever I go now?  Have I mentioned that I was a skeptic just 2 months ago?  It's true.  Young Living has literally won me over with amazing products.  Not only that but even my husband loves them, or maybe he just loves that he gets a foot massage when I pull them out? It probably isn't that.

Okay so here is why I went with Young Living:

It is a high quality oil with organic farms that they own and operate themselves.Young Living has a high standards of quality control through every step of the oil production ensuring the purity of their oils know as seed to seal.  This is a huge commitment as they have farms around the globe!

You can find out more about Young Living HERE.

You don't have to become a Wholesale distributor to buy Young Living but here are a few reason why you should and don't worry, you don't have to sell anything to take advantage of being a distributor.

Wholesale Pricing: Save 24 percent off retail pricing on Young Living products, and save even more money with exclusive specials and promotions every month.

Essential Rewards: As a distributor, you are eligible to enroll in the Essential Rewards program and earn as much as 20 percent of each order in Essential Rewards points.

So you can sign up For Young Living Here and when you do enter me as your sponsor and enroller pretty please!  My member number is 2931544.   Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about becoming a member and I will try to answer you quickly.

One last thing....water.  It is essential for your skin to get plenty of water so please, please, please put down the diet soda and pick up the glass of water.  Did I mention that there are some lovely and refreshing citrus oils you can add to your water for flavor that just rock the world?  My favorite is Citrus Fresh and it just tastes great.  It is a combination of Lemon, Mandarin, Grapefruit, Orange, Tangerine, and Spearmint and a drop in your water bottle adds an instant flavor boost.  I love it.  It makes lovely dressing for salads too!  YUM! 








Popular Posts