Thursday, December 24, 2015

Grandma Lorraine's Chipperoo Cookies

I brought a plate to work and they went fast! 

Kitchen Sink chipperoos 

I have a confession to make, 
I am not a fan of oatmeal cookies and as much as I love cooking, I am about baked out this Christmas!  

My husband however loves oatmeal cookies. This recipe is a cookie I created based on something my husband's grandmother use to make.  He would tell me about these oatmeal cookies that were almost a meal in and of themselves.  He loved them and I love him so I set out to figure out a basic recipe that would be just like Grandma Irene use to make.  He swears I nailed it!  Grandma called them Chipperoos but since we don't have her recipe and there is everything but the Kitchen Sink in these suckers, I am calling them Kitchen sink chipperoos. 

Since I am still on the hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie, I am sharing Grandma's Kitchen Sink Chipperoos with you.  


Warning:  it is a dense cookie with lots of nuts, seeds, chips, and raisins so it is very filling.  One cookie goes a long way.  


Preheat oven to 350 

2 sticks butter 
3 eggs
1 cup peanut butter 
1 tablespoon pure vanilla 

2 cups flour 
3 cups old fashioned oats 
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
1 cup brown sugar packed (light or dark.  I used 1/2 cup of each.) 

1 cup chocolate chips 
1 cup butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips 
1/2 cup peanuts chopped 
1/2 cup sunflower seeds 
3/4 cup raisins 

Cream butter, sugar, and PB 
Add eggs and vanilla 

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats in separate bowl.  Add to wet ingredients.  

Mix in chips, Raisins and nuts 

Form into 1/4 cups balls and squish into disks.  Place 2 inches apart on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes.  (In my oven 15 is perfect.)
You can eliminate some of the add in's if you really don't like something but the nuts, raisins, and sunflower seeds are what make these cookies feel like a meal.  



Merry Christmas to you all.  May Santa bring you lots of happies. 

Popular Posts