Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: My DIY Project

I said I wouldn't ever do it. I probably won't do many if any others, but since I came out of the closet about the wedding I had to share one little tiny thing...and only one, my project this week!

I have mentioned already that we are busy closing on my house. I am still in shock over all of that. I could use a lot of prayers that it goes smoothly and that we find our 'dream' home. In the meantime, I have been focusing my 'free time' on working on some wedding things. This week specifically it has been the centerpiece and candle holders.







Here is a sneak peak at a few. The smaller Mason jars are for candles and the larger ones are for the flowers. I am totally in love with these and in spite of the hot glue burns I have developed as a result I am so happy with the results!

These are super simple and, thanks to bulk Mason Jars from Walmart and the rest of the supplies from Michael's, pretty inexpensive. I even got a "those are nice" from the FH who couldn't care less about any of the wedding details, in general.

Alright, so what kind of project did you or are you completing for your wedding?

Simply,
Laura


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Katie said...

Those are super cute! I wish I was more crafty like that and could've done more DIY stuff for our wedding. But I just don't have the gift.

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

Thanks Katie. I am having fun with them. I love doing that stuff. I wish I could make a living at it!!! Lol

Popular Posts