Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday! Warning there may be a little bike love going on here!



Linking up with Jamie



I love my bike!
Let me say this again, I am in total love with a piece of metal.  I love my bike.  I don't know how this happened.  I realize this makes no sense.  I love my bike.  It has been a very quick and hot romance.  Also, my bike...is a female.  I am not going to analyze this.

I love all the new trails I am riding!!!
I rode a new trail last night, it is a short trail in Plano, Texas called Arbor Hills and it is all up and down hill. It was surprisingly challenging because it is all up and down hill. There were a lot of people out there.  I would like to ride it 3 or 4 times to beat myself to a pulp but it was really busy. 

Tonight, I am going to ride another new trail, Horseshoe Trail.  It is kind of the the kinder, gentler kid brother to Northshore.  It is across the lake and is about a dozen or so miles shorter.  It is near where I used to train with Team in Training for the half marathon so I am excited to go out to my old stomping grounds and I am excited because honestly, it is really close to my house and not so busy.  Both make me happy.

Saturday will be new trail number three.  Rowlett Nature Preserve.  I am incredibly excited about this park as well although I know I am afraid.  I believe there are some challenging parts to this trail that I am looking forward to seeing.  

Going hand in hand with my love for my bike is my love for the Women of DORBA.  DORBA is the Dallas Off Road Biking Association and the Wheel Woman are the ones doing the trail tour.  They have been very helpful in answering my questions and honestly, I feel much more at ease asking them questions on the Facebook page then going to the main DORBA page or going to the DORBA forum on the main site.  They all seem really nice but they get into some really interesting um, discussions on the other pages.  The women, just keep it more focused on biking. 

I love my new light I bought yesterday for my bike.  I am a little worried about actually getting stuck out on a trail and needing it but I am glad to have it if I do.  I really don't want to need it but let's be honest, I do not have the best luck at times and I have come to the realization very quickly with me, it is better to be prepared. 

So, I have to be honest here for a minute, you know those funny bike pants...the ones with all the padding?  I bought a pair.  Mine are the long pants because it is going to be getting colder.  I got them because they were on sale and because in the training class we took they said we just had to have these padded pants.  So not loving these....maybe it is something you get used to but they feel funny.  It has been a long time since I wore a diaper but I have to think this is bringing back long buried memories of pampers.

Alright, that ends my bike love.  I know I promised I would try not to blog too much about it.  I lied.  Sorry. 

I also love my coffee.  Can anyone relate to that?

Oh, and I am totally loving soup.  I made a big pot of Beef Veggie Soup Monday night. Oh. My. Gosh!!!! I am so happy it is getting cold out and it is soup weather again!

Boots!  I am gearing up for it to be just a tad bit colder and it to be boot weather.

I am loving that my iPhone will eventually be delivered to my house.  It can't show up soon enough. Hurry Apple.  Please, hurry.  I promise never to leave you again.  All of my friends have convinced my you are the way, the truth, the light.  They have brainwashed me. 

One last thing before I let you go...I am totally and completely loving this.  I got an email yesterday from the Texas Rangers.  The long and short of it, my playoff tickets will be delivered by tomorrow.  My Texas Ranger playoff tickets.  My World Series Tickets, God Willing.  That rainbow over the Ballpark Sunday with the promise of the World Series Trophy at the other end of the Rainbow.  I don't need a pot of gold.  I just need one more strike. 

Happy Hump Day my lovlies!

Simply,
Laura

2 comments:

Patient L said...

Hi from your newest follower! My sister bikes,so I can't relate to that, but I love to run and I geek out over new shoes or pants :)

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

Welcome! Happy to have you. I use to run a little before I hurt my back. Never loved it but shoes, all shoes make me happy! :)

Popular Posts