Thursday, October 24, 2013

Color me fifty shades of confused...




No...I am not doing my first ever book review blog. In order to do that I would have had to have actually made it through all of book one....I just can't do it. Oh, not because I am appalled at the subject matter. Frankly, I made it 3/4 of the way through book one without falling asleep or laughing hysterically over a year ago and simply gave up. I unintentionally heard enough of the rest of it read on the radio to assure me I wasn't missing anything that was going to rock my world or anyone else's. The book, in my opinion is darn near unreadable because the writing is just terrible.

What I don't get is all the buzz over who is going to play Christian Grey. Okay, really there are a ton of things I don't get...this book, Kim Kardashian, Obamacare, and chewing tobacco to name a few but let's just focus on this book/movie. Are we (as a country...not you or I individually, I am sure) that bored in the bedroom that this rather poorly written book which causes my friend, who is an expert on the subject, (yes, she is, actually. She lives the lifestyle and assures me the book is garbage) to instantly groan and list ten books, by memory that are better...if you're interested. (I actually am not but it's good to have friends with knowledge in different areas...lol)
We simply must be.

I can't even read the book without seeing Edward and Bella in my head knowing somehow this crap started as Twilight fanfic and devolved from there. I don't know...maybe if the people who are so interested in this book would put the book down and pick up the computer and order a French maid costume or a whip or something....just a thought! Maybe that's taking it too far for most people but honestly, it seems to me that if your relationship is boring or in a rut you spice it up. I am no expert by any means....That's why I have all kinds of crazy friends! (Just kidding! Before I get myself in trouble. We have known each other for 20 years and met at work. She's one of my best friends. She's colorful and fun and I love her for who she is...I don't judge my friends).

I saw this picture of this old couple walking hand in hand on Facebook a while back and it said in the caption how did you last so long? The answer was "Our generation didn't believe in giving up. We fought for what we wanted." I think somewhere along the way, maybe we quit fighting and started believing Christian Grey exists so now everyone is all excited to see what he "looks" like. Well, color me fifty shades of bored because I know what he looks like and he is the guy that occasionally falls asleep next to me or you. We all have a Christian Grey in our lives or we will someday and we probably don't need handcuffs to keep him (unless y'all are into that and then...go you!). Just being ourselves and being confident and fun and not so hung up on life stresses that we forget we love the person who snores and farts and leaves his dirty laundry on the top of the dresser, God Bless Him! That's probably all we really need...that's my opinion anyway.

Happy Thursday!!

Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts