Friday, May 23, 2014

Drama Break: How to take one?





Lately everywhere I turn there is drama. Work is just stressful with a ton going on constantly and being short handed. I am trying to pick up some of the slack so the employees I have aren't as stressed.

My job has a certain amount of stress anyway. I am constantly dealing with life changing accidents or life taking accidents. People would think you become immune to tragedy but that only works if you manage to keep a distance from the situation. Once you start putting faces to names, families to faces, and identify with the loss, you can easily get wrapped up in the tragedy. Distance is necessary but there is always a loss that sneaks up on me and causes me to pause and sometimes even shut my door and cry. I'm human.

I am finally getting close to listing my house and I am so nervous. This is by far the scariest thing I have ever done. I'm not afraid of moving but afraid of not finding a house at the same time we sell. How do you do that? So much stress!

There are other dramas that seem to pop up. A family issue here a friend problem there that come out of the blue and make my life instantly nuts so....I have decided to take a Memorial Day Drama Break!

What do I mean? Well, first there are a couple of topics of conversation that are completely off limits. For example, we are going to spend time working on the house we have but no time thinking about a house we want but don't. Too much stress.

We are going to live in the present and not worry about what is going on 3,6, or 12 months from today no matter how important 12 months from today may be in the future.

Even though we plan on getting work done this weekend we are also going to find time to relax and have fun. We are going to run away with a fishing pole and a bunch of bait and see what happens.

I am taking a social media break. Yes, I am. I am going Twitter and Facebook free starting at 8pm Friday. The phone is going bye-bye.

So, if you text me trying to annoy me this weekend, don't be surprised if I don't answer until Tuesday.

I hope you all have a drama free holiday and please do not drink and drive. I don't want to be dealing with your face in one of my files after the holiday.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts