Friday, May 16, 2014

Fitness Friday: Getting in Gear


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


I am starting a lower body challenge to get back in bike shape. I am so ready to get back on my bike but I know how much lower body strength it takes and so I found this squat challenge to get my legs in gear...get it?

I am happy with my weight loss and progress there. I feel good and my endurance is up. Mostly I have realized it is a mind over matter as with most things in life. You have to stop listening to the voice in your head that tells you that you are tired and make yourself work. No matter how tired you feel. No matter how hard your day was. No matter how many challenges you face. Waiting for everything to be perfect will mean you wait for a day that never comes.


Life isn't fair, easy, or pain free but you really do get out of it what you put in to it and no matter where you are you have to start and make the most of what you have. No excuses and no feeling sorry for yourself because in the end pity doesn't buy you anything.


Squats will buy me strong legs and mountain bike time and mountain bike time buys me the most amazing bottom a girl could ever ask for and the most freedom you can imagine flying through the woods on the back of a hardtail riding over limbs, rocks, down hills and through creeks. My Skye and I have had some amazing adventures and they have only just begun and I can't wait to share them with you. Soon, my sweet friends! As soon as my legs can handle it!


Thought for the day:
Don't worry what other people think. The people that matter know the truth and the people that don't know the truth don't matter.

No comments:

Popular Posts