Sunday, January 18, 2015

It Starts With Food: Whole 30 Challenge

Monday is the first day of 30 on my Whole 30 Challenge so of course, I am sick!  

Never fear, I am not going to let a little Sniffling, Sneezing, Coughing, Stuffy head...well you get the point, stand in the way of the healthy meals I am eating for the next 30 days.  Ok, it may stand in the way of me getting any massive amounts of cooking in right away but I have the veggies and eggs so I am good. 

So what is the Whole 30 challenge? Google it and you will find the site with a list of downloadable approved foods. Basically, it is eating veggies, fruit, and meat for 30 days.  No dairy, wheat, grains, legumes, sugar, artificial sweeteners.  In short, it's a food detox. 

The book explains a ton of reasons why this works.  Honestly, I want 3 things out of this: 
1. Relief from allergies, food any otherwise. 
2. Rid myself of sugar cravings. 
3. Lose a little healthy weight. 

So who has survived the Whole 30 challenge?   How was it?  I plan on keeping you semi-updated although I doubt I will be posting endless photos of food.  I did check out some recipes on Pinterest but I am not sure I plan to get fancy, especially in week one, with this terrible, ugly, awful crude I have.  

No comments:

Popular Posts