Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekend Recap: Gardening, Diy, and Turnips

Happy Monday!

I only had one day off this weekend but extra money is a good thing so I don't mind working Saturday! 
Retro feeling so perfect!

I finally was able to put my kitchen back together after the counter tops finished curing.
Love it!
I am so stinking pleased with the way this turned out.  

He works so hard!
We started plowing the north 40...ah, garden.
Onions are my fav
And we got some onions planted! I am so excited to have the garden and the ability to grow my own food! 


I have two current food obsessions: 

Healthy too

The first is turnips! I made roasted turnips Sunday.  I am in love with these.  They are so yum! Just a little oil, garlic, salt, pepper and if you want to add parm (because you can eat cheese, do it) 
Bake at 425 turning occasionally and in about 25 minutes...perfection. 

The second is 
Yum
Mangos!  Fresh ones from the store. I even am learning how to cut these things. I can't get enough of them!  I add them to salads, drinks, and just eat them off the pit.  Truth be told, I have never really been a mango eater but at Christmas time my new neighbor, Caroline, brought us a beautiful fruit and nut basket.  She filled it with bananas, apples, grapes and two amazing mangos!   


Secret under the carpet 

I finally got the courage to pull up a corner of carpet to take a gander at my hardwoods and was totally happy to see these beauties in the making sitting under the stupid carpet.  Besides making our home more beautiful it will add so much value to the house.  

My converted dining table-coffee table 
See this giant coffee table? This is my next makeover project.  I am super excited to share it with you...really soon. 

I also want to take a minute to thank everyone who sent me private messages about my last post.  I really appreciate all the love and support. You all are the best! 

I love him.  He wore himself out working this weekend. 




No comments:

Popular Posts