Friday, November 30, 2012

Blog Update: Dear Haters: A Love Letter




Sometimes I forget that the greatest compliment a person can give you is telling you how awful you are.  Before I lose you, let me explain.  They take the time to send you hate.  They waste their time telling you how ugly or pathetic or fat or unattractive you are.  The truth is, whatever it is they don't like about you, is a reflection of something they hate in themselves.  That is fine.  That isn't your problem, it is theirs.

There are a lot of miserable people in this world and they hide behind the internet.  They send you messages on Twitter and make comments on your blog attacking you.  I get those occassionally because I share too much and am too honest.  I can  stop sharing or make my blog closed to only my friends or followers but the truth is, I started my blog for me.  It is my place.  I would write it if nobody read it.  It was a place to make me happy.  I am glad for the 25 or so people that read it reguarly and the 60 or so that stop by on occassion and I enjoy all of your comments.  All of them have been very positve except for one.  I am not going to let one rotten apple ruin the pie...so to speak. 

A lot of friends of mine have come to my defense over the last 18 hours.  They have been angry for me.  They have sent me messages of support.  They have told me they love me. They have even told me not to listen and not to feel too sorry for myself.  (Guys have a unique way of seeing things.) I appreciate all of you.  Really. 

I reminded myself this morning that nobody has to see me as beautiful. I really don't care what this unknown person who hides behind a computer spewing hate thinks of me.  I really don't care if they think I am fat or ugly.  I see myself honestly. I don't know when I ever claimed to be beautiful or thin. I don't think that has ever happened.  I know where I came from and I know where I am going.  I give myself credit for what I have accomplished.  I know that I am a better person today and I will be better tomorrow.  Haters don't get better.   The truth is, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people think I am attractive the way I am.  Some people don't like women who are super skinny.  I know, that sounds crazy to some people.  Some people like women with a little meat.  Women like Adele are considered incredibly attractive to some men.  Don't hate them because they don't want women who aren't model thin.  Everyone doesn't like blondes.  God made us all unique.  If we all looked the same, life would be boring.  God made some of us smart enough to see the beauty within.  I don't find outside beauty half as attractive as inner beauty, personally although, in my opinion, every guy that I have ever been invovled with has been pretty cute.
 What people find attractive is subjective. I don't think Channing Tatum is that great but People disagrees with me.
CHANNING TATUM photo | Channing Tatum

I don't really need some unknown person in cyberspace to validate me as a person.  I appreciate the kind thoughts.  I welcome the critics.  I know I am a good person.  I am a loving person.  I have a big heart and a good heart and I am a great friend and a crazy sports fan.   I am me.  Love me.  Hate me.  Think I am pretty or not.  I don't care.

This isn't about this one person's comment so much as the epidemic of small people hiding behind computers saying cruel things to people they may or may not know, trying to make themselves feel better by tearing others apart because they are miserable.  Be miserable on your time.  I don't have any more time for you.   I love who I am.  Deal with it.

Simply,
Laura

No comments:

Popular Posts