Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Rebirth of my Love

This is my Camaro soon after I purchased her: Feb. 22, 1996. I was 25. (I think I put the day I bought my house in my prior blog. They were 3 years and a week apart.)


This is what she looked like last week....


After sitting in the garage for 7 long years.



The drivers side window was broken out by a would-be thief.



This is me, driving the car today for the first time since November 2006.





I forgot how low she sits.


I forgot what it feels like to drive.




Before....


After!


I can't go back and I don't want to because my life is headed in a really amazing direction but sometimes when you move forward a little bit of the past should come along for the ride. I am glad that I decided to spend the time and money bringing this baby back to life and happily my mechanic was thrilled and a little jealous. He had a Firebird but when he and his wife had kids, they got rid of it...he told me I was really smart to hang on to mine. Seeing her today, I agree completely! She cost a small fortune to bring back to life but she is worth it. Oh, and I wish you could see how bad ass those wheels look in real life!

Kiss my dust!


Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Raewyn @ Be A Warrior Queen said...

She looks beautiful!!!

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

Thanks! I hope you are well! I am going to try and find some time to catch up with you soon!!! This house fixing up portion of my life should come to an end within a month or so...I hope!

Popular Posts