Monday, February 17, 2014

Taking back control plus Weekend Wrap Up!







Sometimes you just have to laugh at the people who try so hard to meddle in your business. I use to get angry when someone who should know better, an adult, would try so hard to make my life miserable. I wish I could say this was years ago but it was weeks. Suddenly I realized, after a few pep talks from my friends (thank you Sonja and Dawn!) that I was giving up my power by letting someone effect me. I took my power back. Now when someone asks questions that aren't any of their business, I laugh. See, here is the thing. Some people have decided my life is much more entertaining than it is and filled with scandal that doesn't exist.





So I gave up all of that and laugh and by God's grace I know that I can do anything! I can love someone who hates me. I can defend someone who hurt me. I can forgive someone who wants to destroy what I have.





I am not perfect and God doesn't expect me to be. He rarely called the perfect, as you can see, he just equips the rest of us. What I realized is, I can't control anyone's misconception of me. I can control how I react to their behavior. God has given me enough wisdom to pray through it and pray for the people who would bring me down.

Now on to my weekend! Just a few pictures from our Valentine's weekend camping!






































I could very easily give up everything and live here. We work hard but we sleep well, tired and somehow work doesn't seem much like work when you are outside under a beautiful sun and in nature enjoying what God created and you get to spend it with people you love.

I am so grateful to have a very special group of people I love so very much and I realized this weekend, God has given me everything I ever wanted. I am not going to waste the gifts. I am simply going to make sure they know how important they are to me, every day of the year, every chance I get. Oh, and honey if you are reading this, I am going to work on that PMS thing! XO

One final thing:







Spring Training has started and Rangers pitchers and catchers have reported!!! It's my favorite time of the year: Baseball Season!



Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts