Thursday, April 3, 2014

At Home in the City

I have been gone so much the last 6 months that I am so looking forward to the end of this weekend and not being gone from my bed again for the next 6 months!

That's right I am hereby making a commitment that I am not going to sleep in a bed that isn't mine for the next 6 months, after this weekend. The truth is, camping is fine a few times a year but I just don't want to do it more than that. I don't like air mattresses and I am not a hunter. My level of concentration with fishing is about 2 hours before I get bored out of my head. I would rather sit on the boat and read than watch the water for nothing to happen! I like the outdoors but when my time outside is done, I want to come home, shower, and sleep in my bed at home.

Someone once told me I am just like they use to be before they got ill. I'm not. I am nothing like they use to be. I want to spend my weekends at the ballpark, walking at the park or mall, or on the back of a bicycle. I want to camp out in my bedroom on a rainy night and read a book. I want to spend an entire Saturday shopping! I want to sip a glass of wine and watch a movie. I want to get pedi's with my girls and have a Rita at Chuy's! I love a good hike in the woods but I don't want to live without plumbing, heat and air conditioning.


It's true. I admit it. I may have been born in the country but I am 100% city girl and proud of it. My idea of hunting is a good sale at the outlet malls! I don't have to kill anything to shop and most of the time there is no blood involved. I don't like killing things. I won't even clean a fish because their little poor selfs make me sad.

I won't apologize for who I am and I won't change. I like who I am. I have a big heart and I am good to those I love but I am who I am and that's not going to change. I like spending my summer nights chanting "Let's Go Rangers!" It is my happy place. I like country music at Gexa. I like shopping. Love me or don't but that's me.

My idea of the perfect vacation is Boston, Chicago, or Seattle. American League cities where I can see a new ballpark, shop and walk, a lot! My dream has always been to spend my honeymoon in Cooperstown, New York or Italy. I think I blogged this before. I mean the freaking Baseball Hall of Fame or shopping in Italy. Heaven! Those are trips I will probably make solo or with friends just like Spring Training which I plan on doing next year.



That's me. That's who I am. I gotta be me. Sorry, not sorry.

Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts