Friday, February 27, 2015

If I could turn back time

Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time - song lyrics, song quotes, songs, music lyrics, music quotes
source

I missed my blog anniversary which was in early Feb.  We can blame all the snow in Boston but I live in Dallas-Ft Worth and we didn't have any bad weather until this week.  I personally prefer to blame the Dress:
The original image is in the middle. At left, white-balanced as if the dress is white-gold. At right, white-balanced to blue-black.
Science behind the Dress
Mostly because first the dress looked white and gold to me no matter how hard I looked, it was white and gold.  Later I thought, okay maybe that isn't white really, maybe it is very light robins egg blue.  That was last night.  This morning....the dress is clearly, oh so very, very blue and black.  What happened.  Was it ISIS?  I know the science behind the dress but I do not understand this madness that causes the dress to actually change colors.  Okay, maybe it isn't a terrorist plot but let's face it, if it were, this would be brilliant.  It confounds people, it caused them to argue, it has made all the news channels.  The dress is evil, pure and simple.   

And that still doesn't explain me forgetting my blog anniversary but I am going with #BlameTheDress

So anyway, I thought how about a little getting to know me type of blog today because, what the hey, I am forgetful, almost mid-40's, and I am just out of ideas this week. 

 My friend Micah over at  Unabashedly Me did this great "If I could" post on Tuesday which she got from Erin who got it from Katie...woohoo!  That's a lot of blog happiness!  Anyway, I wanted to share with you a few If I Could turn back time type things.  What is Turning Back time without Cher?


*If I could pick another career I would:
Go to design school.  I wanted to when I was 17 and graduating high school but somehow got talked out of it because Interior Design isn't exactly the career choice of stability.   I regret not going to design school.  

*If I could meet one famous person:
I know you are expecting a baseball player, right?  Adrian Beltre would be at the top of my baseball player list.  Love him!   I would probably go right over him, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, and head right down I35 and have lunch with Joanna Gaines because I love her.  I love her so much I am afraid she will think I am going to stalk her but I adore her! I love her style and I am really not stalking her even though I think she has made my blog about 10 times in the last month! 
**Killer WiNDoW** and it's ChiPPy-WHiTe!*!*!
Joanna Gaines Style
*If I could change one thing that happened in history:

Nelson Cruz can't come up with a catch on a ball hit by David Freese in the bottom of the ninth inning to tie the game during Game 6 of the World Series between the Texas Rangers and St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium on Thursday October 27, 2011 in St. Louis.
2011 World Series
I can't let my Rangers Fans down on this one.  There is one thing I would change without thinking twice about it! 
Nelson Cruz would catch that  #!@!%^$%^@%$   baseball!  I don't know how I would fix it.  I would warn Wash to play him somewhere else.  I would do something.  Anything, to make that baseball end up in Nellie's glove.   It is 3 years later and I can just now look at this picture and not cry.  It is 3 years later and I still get angry when my husband tweets anything about 2011.   It is 3 years later and I will never watch a replay of anything about that game.   Not. One. Minute!


*If I could change anything about my life it would be this:
LOVE THIS QUOTE! Primitive  If I could live my life over again wood by mtcvinyl, $20.99
Meet my husband
I would meet him before he met his ex-wife.  I would meet him and hope that we fell in love instead.  I would have spent the last 20 years with him learning to hunt and having babies and raising a family because that is my regret.   I can't change it.  He wouldn't because of his daughter.  That is my regret.  As crazy as we make each other, I feel somehow we missed out on learning to love one another when neither of us had been hurt, broken down, and reinvented.  


Since I can't do any of that though, I am working really hard on trying to make me better today.  I am working on doing my own design thing even though I didn't go to school for it.  I am working on making myself in the here and now.   It isn't too late for my dreams they just have to be adjusted to reality.   I am working on being okay with that too.  

So, what would you do differently if you could?  Anything?  






 
 


No comments:

Popular Posts