Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blog Update: It's Ok Thursday


Linking up with Amber and Neely again for It's Okay Thursday!

Alright it is Thursday, I have a 4 day weekend, I am going to try to get through this it's ok even though it's been a tough week on and off the field for me but that's ok!

First, it's ok that I made it through the trail last night riding my bike with my front bike shocks locked. I couldn't figure out why I was so clumsy I kept slipping, skidding, and falling.
*
It's ok that I think I had an allergic reaction to some plant I fell into. I think I fell a total of three times.  Thank God nobody was watching.  I looked like a hot mess.
*
It's also ok I may never not have bruised/skinned legs again. At least I didn't run into the snakes. (No, I'm not kidding)
*
It's ok that I am learning I sell myself short.  I expect too little from others and sometimes they give me even less.  I won't let anyone get away with the minimum anymore in a friendship because to be honest, I am worth more.   Most of my friends appreciate me and I am very lucky to have them. 
*
It's ok that I have a 4 day weekend and plan to do chores for a good portion of it.  I have delayed this as long as possible but the time has come to pay the price. That spare room has got to be cleaned.  Boo!
*
It's ok that I am realizing the baseball season is almost over. It makes me sad. Winter is so cold without baseball.
*
It's ok that I dream about clouds in my coffee. Ok not really but I do think about having a cup of coffee at night even though I won't.
*
It's ok that I sometimes just need a hug. Wednesday night I really could have used one. Unfortunately, nobody was around. Single lady problems.
*
It's ok to know what you want one day and not the next.  I envy all of you that know exactly what you want every second of every day.  I can't even figure out what I want for lunch most of the time. 
*
It's okay to think people who are highly organized need to get a life.  I was looking at a blog last night of this amazing woman who has a place for everything and a label for everything and all I could think of was, really?  I have better things to do with my time....like watch the Rangers. Don't get me wrong, I am envious but I also don't want to spend my money on bins.
*
It's ok that I can't stop thinking about that icing on those carbomb cupcakes and how I can fix it.  I told my neighbor about them last night and I just may make a batch this weekend and take some to her and the guys.  I will have to go get some butter and some powdered sugar but I think I will try.  It is bugging me.  :)


That's what's ok with me, what about you?

Simply,
Laura

No comments:

Popular Posts