Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday Blog Update Top 10 Tuesday: The Random Insanity That Is

This is the Random Insanity that is my music.  I like doing a random shuffle on my phone to see what songs come up.  It shows completely how psycho my music "taste" is.  Maybe it shows how crazy I am, who knows.  So here it is, my 10 shuffles for Tuesday.  You may feel free to judge me if you must.

1.
Jason Mraz "Lucky"
I really like this song.  It sort of represents what I would love to find in a relationship.  The song is fun and funky and who doesn't want a best friend to love?  I think I could do without the seperation part of the song but you know, if you are lucky enough to be in love in every way, I guess a little space is good.

2. Aerosmith "Dream On"

I love Aerosmith.  Everytime I look in the mirror all the lines on my face are getting clearer too.  I make every effort to not live in the past because it is too easy to get stuck there but I will sing with them anytime. (Just hope you aren't in the car with me when I do because I can't sing!)

3.
Garth Brooks "Calling Baton Rouge"

I don't know if I told you before but if there was no Garth, I would probably have never listened to country music.  Probably the biggest surprise is that only one GB song managed to show up in a random scan of 10.

4.
John Mayer "Half Of My Heart"

Who hasn't felt like they were stuck in a relationship where they couldn't stop loving someone?  It sucks. No, really.  Especially if the other person just doesn't deserve how you feel.  Story of my life.


5.
Rascal Flatts "Bless the Broken Road"

This song makes me cry, every time.  I think it is because I always feel like nobody travels quite as broken a road as I do. I'm sure everyone feels that way, sometimes. If the broken road leads somewhere in the end, it will be worth it.  This is where my faith comes in because God, and only God truly knows how weak I am.

6.
Madonna "Crazy For You"

This song was my favorite growing up.  I thought this is what love was supposed to be like. Ah, youth. I still think this song will make me smile at times that no other will.  I want to get up and dance to this song.  I can't because my co-workers would laugh (I am at lunch and they may see).

7.
Blake Shelton "I'll Just Hold On"

Here is the other half of the hell of dating. Falling for someone who is only playing with you.  Tell me about it, Blake. 

8.
Adele "Make You Feel My Love"

She is so hauting in the way she sings everything but this song in particular.  This song really, truly expresses how painful it is to be the one who thinks it is right when the other person just can't decide.  No matter how much you tell yourself it is the other person's loss and no matter how much you know that is true, there is a sadness that this song captures about being in that situation.  Sing it girl and tell him how it is cause it is his loss!

9.
Alan Jackson "That's What I'd Be Without You"

There is something about country music that just knows how to talk to a woman about love. I think if I could find a man that loves me this way, I would never cry again.  Well, that probably isn't true but it is a nice thought.

10.
Carrie Underwood "Before He Cheats"

I am really not a big Carrie Underwood fan but this song is probably my biggest fear.  Loving a man who's car I have to go destroy.  Okay, not really because I wouldn't do that.  But, I probably would want to,  if he cheated on me.


Okay, well there is the craziness that is my music.  Actually it gets a lot crazier because you got lucky and nothing super old came up.  There is probably some Sinatra and I know there are tons of Beatles songs in there.  (No the Beatles are not over rated!)


Happy Tuesday!  Go Rangers!!!!!


PS: I can't get the links to work. Sorry.

Simply,
Laura

1 comment:

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

OMG, I am so sorry. Blogger is driving me nuts today. Everything was working find but it went crazy on me and now....it is printing crazy stuff. I am going to cry....

Popular Posts