Friday, August 31, 2012

Blog Update: Fitness/Forgiveness Friday



This is a multi-purpose blog today. First I have a lot of trail riding planned in the next week and it started today. On the recommendation of some of the women in the Wheel Women group I joined on Facebook, I went out to ride LB Houston trail today. I am really proud of myself. This is a DORBA trail and some of the turns are tight and there is a skills area which I decided to make myself ride. Ride, not walk and yes, I did it all. I am so happy that I made myself ride those silly hills that scare me. Turns out the hard part is actually tight turns and trees and stumps. I already wish my bike had 29 inch wheels. I can already see myself looking for a used 29er in the not to distant future. I love my beautiful Trek. I love how easy her gears are to shift. To be honest, the disc brakes don't really impress me that much but okay. But the stupid pedals hit tree stumps and low lying limbs and God only knows what else and sometimes rebound right into my shins. 'Ouch!'
Just a side note, my legs are destined to be bruised forever.



This is a terrible picture of me and the tree I crashed into today. It looks like a friendly little tree, doesn't it? I was in a relatively straight part of the path and started drifting off in my own thoughts. In other words, I wasn't paying attention and bam! My poor left arm which was already scraped up from a fall the other night at Knob Hills was making 'friends' with this tree.








Isn't this pretty? I have to give DORBA credit. It's hard to get lost here. The signs are good and even though the area is huge, you are never far from an exit. Even though I could get easily lost in my small back yard, I managed easily to find my way back to my car. Aside from that, I lived just a few miles from this park for years and never knew it was there. That's just crazy. This is not far grow where Texas Stadium used to be. I miss that old smelly place.
I have plenty more Fitness coming this weekend. I have a skills class tomorrow for Climbing and Switchbacks. If I survive that I will be out at River Legacy either Sunday or Monday.

Now about Forgiveness. This issue has been on my mind all week. I'm not mad. I was....a little. I'm over it.
I got in the Jeep after riding today and I heard Matthew West's new song on the radio "Forgiveness".First, let me say, I have loved him since "More". I feel like he writes songs that are straight from the heart. If you don't listen to Christian radio I am sure I lost you. This song however talks about the truth behind Forgiveness. Here is a little example:

"It's the hardest thing to give away And the last thing on your mind today. It always goes to those that don't deserve.

It's the opposite of how you feel When the pain they caused is just to real. It takes everything you have just to say the word...

Forgiveness, Forgiveness"

This song is just painful, beautiful truth. I love it. I could listen to it over and over. I could listen to it with "More" and know God loves me and it will all be okay....but that is a diffent blog. That is a Thursday blog.


Have a great Holiday Weekend!

Simply,
Laura

No comments:

Popular Posts