Monday, April 16, 2012

Motivation Monday

This blog today is really for me more than anyone. Yesterday I was very frustrated by my lack of movement on the scale lately. I realize bodies hit plateaus and this is normal but I made a decision yesterday to increase my daily activity and this morning I decided I may have to temporarily give up alcohol.  I don't drink a lot and I am far from an alcoholic. I just don't know that I need the extra calories from alcohol and it seems like when I do drink, I gain weight and spend half the next week just getting back to the point I was before. For those of you under the wrong assumption that I am more fun/crazy when drunk, that's not true. I am just as crazy sober and way more fun. :)
I know I am obsessing....just a little. Last night I had a dream that I was a contestant on the Biggest Loser and Bob & Dolvett, the trainers for those of you who don't watch, were kicking my hiney. Just for the record, I would love to be on the Biggest Loser and get to spend all day killing myself in the gym. I will have to make do with a couple hours after work and trying to do the CrossFit WOD. I feel crazy thinking I can actually do the WOD but if I don't push myself, how do I know what I can accomplish?
I love how God knows just the right time to have someone tell me how great I am looking and/or how awesome I am doing. It always happens when I feel really bad about myself, like this morning.
Honestly, I am not feeling sorry for myself, I don't want anyone reading this to think that. I just needed someplace to vent my frustrations. When you are changing your life and it doesn't happen quickly enough sometimes it becomes overwhelming.
Now some visual inspiration. Sorry, I forgot my iPad so this is from my phone. Hopefully there aren't too many typos.






5 comments:

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

Sorry some of these images are so bad. They looked normal on the phone.

monica said...

I weighed in this morning and i was feeling the same thing.

Rachel said...

That is what friends are for- an outlet to vent!! :)

Sorry you are having a rough day- I hope it gets better. Just remember you are beautiful, inside and out!! :)

XOXO!

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

Aw, Monica. Stay positive!!!

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

Thanks Rachel. It isn't that I am having a rough day it is that I am making this too hard. Story of my life. Silly me. You are a good friend. :)

Popular Posts