Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday's Blog Update



I'm not feeling well so this leaves me too much time to think. Never a good thing, or is it?

I decided today to count my blessings so here are my top 10:

10.My Job: it drives me crazy sometimes and it isn't what I want to do forever but it is a really good job.

9. My health: aside from a crappy fever, upset stomach, headache, and dizziness today and a bad back everyday and migraines at times, I am pretty healthy. I don't take that for granted. I can't stand sitting still. It drives me crazy. I can't even stand being sick for a day.

8.My personality. For those of you who don't know me, I am a fool. I am a clown. I am a smartass. I can be a real pain in the butt and selfish at times. I am also very silly. I'm okay making a fool of myself sometimes. I like me. I really do. I would be my friend. I am loyal. I have a huge heart. I can cook. I'm a winner.

7. I'm smart: this may shock some of you. This girl may do dumb things but she isn't a dummy. I went to Texas after all. Everyone can't. Even if I left before I finished. That was because I was young and homesick and I wanted to be at Notre Dame.

6.Hobbies: I have many. They keep me sane when baseball season is over. I craft, workout, I'm running again, I garden (I need to get on that. My flower beds look terrible). I paint. I draw. I ride my bike around Lewisville. Actually that makes me feel like a kid. There are a few hills in the area that suck running but on a bike they are AMAZING. I love to swim too....like a fish. In quiet times, I read. I know some people think I am all about sports and nothing more but they don't really know me. That's okay. Judge me haters. Who cares.

5.Faith: this is really more important to me than #5. It is probably my true #1. Without God I have nothing. Without Him, I am nothing. Those of you who don't believe I have no clue how you do it. Truly. I would never be able to make a day without talking to God. Praying for direction. Begging for advice. He always answers me. Yes, I hear the answers and that is my biggest blessing. I truly feel sad for those who have no Faith. Very sad.

4. My house: it is little and there are things I want to improve on with it but it is mine and I am doing it alone. I can't tell you how important that is to me. I can't tell you how hard that has been. I bought this house in 1999. I have ripped up all the floors.
Repainted more times then I can count. I have replaces doors, appliances, air conditioners, sewer pipes, leaking faucets, roofs, and there is so much more to do. Kitchen counters. The rest of the floors. Sidewalks. It truly never ends. I hyperventilate at times when I think about it. Still, I manage. Alone.

3. The best dogs in the world. They drive me nuts and make me laugh and they wake me up every single day at 3:45 which is just annoying but I love them.

2. I have a wonderful set of friends and family. They believe in me even when I don't. They tell me I am beautiful even though I don't believe them. They don't judge me for my mistakes they just love me and tell me I am awesome.

1. I never married the wrong person. There is a reason this is my #1. It is better to be alone than be married to someone who doesn't rock your world or make you crazy. I want crazy. I want passion. I want excitement. I want romance and love. Real love. I want to be in-love. I don't have that in my life but I would rather not have it than be stuck with someone who isn't compatible with me in every single way that matters and he needs to feel that way about me too. I know relationships develop and change but the thing is I need some fire in my life. I am a redhead for heavens sake. I know I said I don't want to be married. That isn't true. I do. I just don't believe I will ever meet anyone who makes me feel that way. I never have. I won't settle. Being alone sucks on national holidays and late at night but the sun comes up and the loneliness goes away and I remember how blessed I am not to be stuck with an ex-husband or worse an ex-wife.



Simply,
Laura





posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Popular Posts