Monday, November 18, 2013

Hey Kiddo! Remember the time...







When I was 19 I went into treatment the first time for bulimia and one of the things they taught us is never to forget how to be a kid. I consider myself open to most things once. (That are legal & don't require me hurting anything or eating anything that is slimy or nasty).

One of the things they taught us in treatment is that you are never too old to swing. Tonight my boyfriend and I took a lovely walk in the park and when we got to the playground I walked in and headed right for the swings. Before I knew it we were laughing and climbing and having a great time doing things we would have done together 38 years ago when we both had cooties.

There are so many things you can do together but the ones that have been the best, have been free, under the stars, and involved a lot of laughter. Never underestimate the power of laughter, a swing set, and a pirate ship!!

Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts