Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What I am Loving And Have a Pinteresting Wednesday: The one withRainbows

Copy and past the button and join in the fun!

I'm looking for co-hosts for this hop so if you're interested let me know! 

Gosh with a long weekend Wednesday rolled around fast!  Time for another WILaHaPW.  How's that's for a mess of initials? 

Loving: 

Either I was feeling very patriotic or these are my Texas Ranger nails. 
The 2 step gel polish from Sally Hansen. I am super hard on my nails so the fact that I can actually get 4 days out of this before chipping is a win for me.  



Having friends over Sunday and cooking.  I stress like crazy and I know I did 5 loads of dishes and washed the kitchen floor 3 times, not that you could tell.  I scrubbed the carpet spots on hand and knee and again you couldn't tell, but I love having friends over and cooking for them!

Spring harvest 
All of the onions and turnips we have gotten out of our garden!

I love how everything matched.  Even my nail polish! Not planned. 
My new iPhone case.  My old one was cracking and this one is my wedding bouquet and my engagement ring.  <3

What I Pinned: 
Apparent contradictions are often just truths that come in pairs, like this rainbow and lightning. They show us that beauty and strength, the presence of wrath and the beauty of peace can be experienced in the same place and at the same time.
Source
I am feeling the need to remind myself of God's promise of the rainbow a lot lately.  No world wide floods.  I know Texas thinks it is the world, but in fact, it is not.


When I asked myself today- who am I and what would be left if everything else was stripped away? I had to come back to Christ. My 38 years are because of him- by him I see more clearly... My goal? Don't forget that Christ is my life.
source
I picked this one because I haven't seen the sun lately either but I know it must still be there. I am struggling a little with everything and this made me say to myself, tap the breaks and let Him handle it. 


God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and a whole lot of faith...but it's worth the wait.
source
Okay, so this one is hard.  Really hard.  I know I have expressed a couple of times my struggles with the fact my husband and I met too late for us to have kids.  I know I have mentioned here and there in random blogs that I have an inner sadness that I carry.  I struggle with this, actually.  Sunday when my friend brought her 9 month old I was given a chance to see what might have been and that longing, that sadness, that missed opportunity started to eat me up. While I was holding the baby my husband's buddy (jokingly?) asked when Joe and I were going to have a baby.  It was so uncomfortable for me.  It hurt in a way I can't explain when I had to say the words "We aren't and I would change that if I could but I can't."   It effected me the rest of the weekend. It effected me so much. Seeing the kind of dad my husband would have been with a baby.  Seeing my step daughter in the brief role of 'big sister'.  Hearing her say to me in her 11 year old voice as I played with the baby "You are so good with kids, Laura."  The sadness would consume me if I weren't careful.  I have to believe God has a reason but I can't see it.  I have to believe there is something more, I just don't understand it.  You know that saying, the struggle is real?  That's how I feel about this.  It will go away for a day or a week or a few weeks but something will bring it back and....the struggle is real. 

Okay enough of that....
Frozen Mocha Frappuccino, never let coffee go to waste again via @Joan | ChocolateChocolateandmore
source

Okay, I have a confession to make, I introduced my almost 12 year old step kid to frapps and she is addicted.  She asks for them whenever we are alone in the truck.  Well, at $3-$5 a pop that isn't happening so I am looking for options....at home options.   YUM.  Mother of the year I am not.  Maybe that is the reason God decided against me contaminating other kids. :)
Your turn!




Popular Posts