Friday, May 1, 2015

Bucket List: 10 things I want to do before I die



100 Fun Ideas For Your Summer Bucket List free printable http://www.momsconfession.com/summer-bucket-list-ideas/
source

I was watching a balloon fly over Mckinney, Tx this morning and I thought to myself, that is something I would love to do.  Excited, I texted my hubby to suggest we get a balloon ride.  His response "No, thanks".   So, as chicken little doesn't want to ride in the blue sky romantically over the city, I suppose I will take the kid, or a dog, or who knows.   

Time to drift off into the sky and watch the entire world shrink before your eyes on Cheyenne Hot Air Balloon ride! #HotAirBalloon
source

This got me thinking about Bucket Lists.   I found the summer one up above.   We make lemonade every week and I have already been fishing.  I could seriously use a car truck wash.  Maybe I should try to get these in....it couldn't hurt.  I know the star gazing isn't a problem, I go out almost every night for a few minutes to just look at the heavens.  What would be really fun is to go out to the middle of nowhere in the back of the truck and lay out under the stars and just gaze away. 

Okay, but what about a Bucket List?   Here are a few things I would like to see or do before I die.

1.See a baseball game in all the Major League parks:
I have been to Rangers Ballpark Globe Life Ballpark a lot but it has been a long time since I have visited someplace else.  I have been to Wrigley, naturally. I have been to Busch but not for a game.  I have been to as many defunct parks as current.  Old Arlington Stadium was my 2nd home for a long time.  I was at games in Riverfront Stadium where the Reds use to play and Municiple Stadium where the Indians played.    Time to make a trip to Houston, I guess and start there.

2. Live on a lake or in the country:
Give me land, lots of land and the starry skies above.  Don't fence me in.   I want to spend my last part of my life somewhere where I can plant, grow, and spend time doing nothing.

3. See Wyoming:
My husband grew up in Wyoming and he has such wonderful memories and stories.  I want to go see this magical land.


4. Take my husband to Indiana:
My dad is buried there and his family is still there.  It would be nice to get a trip home sometime to introduce him to my northern family.  While we are there, we will visit the University of Notre Dame and he can watch me shop!
Dallas Morning News photographer G.J. McCarthy shares about the equipment and techniques he uses to shoot sports. (Yu Darvish of Texas Rangers baseball)
source
.

5. See my baseball team finally win a World Series:
This one is completely out of my control and it will take a miracle season to get them all healthy because that hasn't happened in 2 seasons.  I have been to the World Series, of course.  Four games to be specific, over 2 years.  I haven't seen the team I love most win a World Series.  Maybe when Yu is healthy and they figure out how to catch the ball again, we can get closer than 1 strike away.

6. Take my husband to a Cowboys game:
He loves them.  I hate Jerry Jones.  This makes me spending money on Cowboy tickets really hard to swallow.   I own maybe 1 Cowboys shirt because I refuse to support Jerrah.   I own about 100 Rangers shirts to put that in perspective, plus shoes, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, hair bands, well....You get the point.   My money goes across the street but just once, I would like to take the old man to see the team he has been a fan of since he was a kid growing up in Cheyenne.

7. See Garth Brooks Live:
Please come to Dallas, Garth.  I have seen Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, but no Garth.  I need to see Garth.

8. Go fishing in the Ocean:
This one may happen soon.  Our 1 year anniversary is coming up in September and we are talking about going to the coast and renting a place for a few days and of course if we make it to Galveston, we are fishing in the ocean.  

9. Have a paint fight:
This is something I totally want to do with the husband.  I would love to just go crazy paintball fighting him.  He will kill me because he is a better shot, but who cares.  I just need one good shot to make it worth it!

10. Sell a piece of furniture:
I know this should happen one of these days but I would love to actually sell some of the stuff I make.  It is beautiful and I love it but I can't keep it all.   With that in mind, my real dream is to have a little shop somewhere.   Oh, to be my own boss.   I even have a name but I have to have more than the big picture to make it work.   Baby steps.

As a bonus bucket list item I would Love, Love, Love to meet Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper.  She is my hero.





No comments:

Popular Posts