Tuesday, June 16, 2015

What I'm Loving and Have a Pinteresting Wednesday 12: The one with East Texas



From this button to.....



This Button
(I know, I am bending to the black and white trend but I am trying to simplify my blog design and this is what happened....Plus, the chalk board theme is a favorite of mine since I used that for my wedding invitations and as part of my wedding theme.   So you will have to forgive me!)

What I'm loving

Sharing my weekend with you! 

Saturday morning I headed to East Texas to meet up with hubs and friends. This is our land.  It has been raining for most of the last 2 months so our ponds are very full.  I have never actually seen them this full! 


We went out there to work, mostly cutting grass and spraying bug and weed killer but in the process I managed to snap some amazing photos showing why I love this place. 


Plus, I managed to help rescue two dogs who had lost their owners.  I felt pretty good about that especially since one of the dogs was injured. 

This is pond number two.  Isn't this place amazing?  I kind of want to build a home out there when we retire. 


When we got home we were hot, tired and ready for the pool. This is from our backyard.  I can't tell you where I hid all that gold at the end of those rainbows but it really was pretty seeing the two side by side. 


Sunday Hubs and I headed to the ballpark to watch some baseball, see some friends, and for the kiddo and myself, struggle not feeling well.  Luckily, I was feeling better by Monday but as you know, kiddo has been sick all week. 


So my goofy hubs is always making faces when I take pictures with him.  I decided to turn the table and make one too.  


Also it was Elvis Andrus Garden Gnome day.  A little disturbing and I don't think we have taken them out the box yet....but we have them. 



Also I have been eating gluten free for the last what is it?  Three weeks and I found the most amazing gluten free pizza in my freezer section.   Freschetta makes this pizza and it may actually be my favorite in a box pizza ever. 

Also on my loving list this week:

-I have lost 8 pounds in the last week.  Yay me!  

-I am looking forward to the kiddo's b-day on Friday and the craziness of having her friends stay over. 

-I am excited to make her b-day cake and hopefully make her smile. 

-Our garden is producing tomatoes, squash, zucchini and cucumbers!  It is so nice to be able to go to your own back yard and find food.   

-My now 22 chicks are happy.  (I am still sad about the 23rd but even my hubs ex said we did good only losing 1) 

-My blog redesign in honor of having my own domain.   There was nothing wrong with the old blog and this one probably will get tweeked more but gosh, I love playing with it.  I get bored easily. 

Pinning:
I am going to skip it this week because honestly I don't think I have pinned much that isn't on my secret boards or gluten free cooking.  


Okay so what are you loving and or pinning this week?  





Popular Posts