|All the details on this piece gave me fits!|
|The end is near!|
|When last we saw the desk|
I spent a lot of time just working on the prep part of the desk. The poor thing had 4 layers of paint and stain (at least) that I removed from all those little details and the legs, oh the legs gave me fits!
|The shiny top|
For the antiquing I decided to use a silver glaze sole by Maison Blanche paint company. When I buy paint I tend to use either General Finishes or Maison Blanche. Now, I have some real milk paint that I am going to try on another piece so we will see how that works. For this piece, because the kid was so clear on her wants, I decided to use something I had success with previously.
So to recap this project:
The desk was totally free and I am so glad my sweet hubby saved it from the dumpster and certain death!
The days/nights of stripping this thing made my time spent incredibly long but I think the finished product is simply lovely, feminine, and perfect.
The painting and staining took approximately 3 days from start to finish and included:
*3 coats of GF Milk Paint
*1 coat of Java Gel
*5 coats (with light sanding in between) of Poly Acrylic Gloss on the top.
*1 coat of satin Poly Acrylic on the base
* Antiquing with Silver Organza by Maison Blanche Paint Company
*Clear wax for protection
*Maison Blanche white Limestone Wax to soften the overall effect.
*Lots of buffing, cleaning, and bath time for me!
In between all of that I managed to help hubs repair our old shed/barn, mow an acer of lawn, plant the first round of our garden which included Turnips, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, radishes, Cantaloupe, Blue Berries, Raspberries, and Grapes, and also some flowers (Which my chickens were eating the tops off!). Just an average weekend when we are home. There is no rest for the wicked.
Happy Monday everyone. It's spring break this week and we are doing lots of fun stuff like dentist appointments.
Part 1 of the Desk Makeover