Thursday, December 27, 2012

Blog Update: The Making of a Sports Bedroom

I started the process today of making over my spare bedroom into a more functional actual bedroom. Mostly for a year it has been a storage shed, inside the house. So I started going through the Theme stuff and I am actually shocked at how MUCH sports stuff I have.

The room has to be painted so I am only sharing a little today and my next update will be the final product but let's start with what every bedroom needs, a bed! This daybed was white and I didn't feel that was really sporty so I painted it black.



(I have to admit this was the first time I have used the panoramic view while taking a photo. Pretty cool iPhone 5!)

The room will be a very sports grey not the lovely dark purple it is now.

Here are some of the treasures I have to accessorize with.



This is actually all mine. Crazy, right? I can't even see my bed!





My Snow Monkey & Rangers Pom-Poms.




My Mavs Pom-Poms and a couple bobbleheads. That baseball shelf in the back I made when I was in high school.




My Dirk Nowitzki autographed shoe. Game worn. My BFF bought this for me.




Nolan, Nelly, Adrian, Kari and I can't tell of you can see Tyson Chandler or Ron Washington.




This is insanity, I believe!




Anyway, I think I have just enough sports memorabilia to decorate my house and anyone else's! I need a bigger house! I also need a wife because I am not sure I am actually female after analyzing this!

Somewhere in this pile is a Opening Day poster for the Ballpark in Arlington. That would be the original Opening Day. I was there when the gates opened the first time. A Jurickson Profar autograph from the Frisco Rough Riders, last summer. World Series tickets, pennants from the All-Star game and both World Series and some videos from the Cowboys Superbowl in 1993. I am so proud!

Simply,
Laura

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow that's a lot of stuff! Lol

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

Ha! Yes it is!! That giant Texas sign is thanks to your awesome hubby. Lol

Popular Posts