Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Calling all Asthmatics!




Last week I explained how my migraines effect me. Lucky me I went from a week full of migraines to a trip East and a horrific allergy attack to asthma so bad I nearly drove myself to the hospital tonight.


So here is my question for those of you who suffer from asthma or know someone who suffers from asthma and may be able to help me. Nebulizer? Does anyone have a suggestion about the best one reasonable money can buy?


When my inhaler fails to help me it is always at night and my coughing becomes so bad that I will go on spells of non-stop coughing for an hour or more. Tonight for example, I coughed pretty much continuously from 7:30 until 10pm. I have a cold humidifier and a warm steam humidifier but in the middle of a significant attack they barely help. I am going in to see my doctor tomorrow and I will probably get a scolding about not going to the ER tonight but honestly a hospital is the last place I want to be when I can't breath. Luckily, I only get attacks this bad once or twice a year

I looked in to a few nebulizers last week when I first started having breathing issues but was afraid of the cost, almost $200! After this attack tonight however, I am almost ready to bite the bullet and spend that so I don't die of an attack some night when I don't want to go to the ER.


So help me please!!! Tell me the best nebulizer out there my asthma suffering friends!! Point me in the direction of open air passages.

Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts