Monday, March 17, 2014

East Texas and Lake Caddo mini break Photobomb

We left Thursday for East Texas and I started Friday morning out with a complete breakfast. Eggs, Bacon, Roll, hash browns and a cough drop. My allergies were not happy,





Sadie and Ries made the trip with us and they love East Texas where they can dig and be little wild dogs.


Friday morning we made the trip to Caddo Lake.


It was a little overcast Friday afternoon.





The dogs made a friend right away.


Later in the day the sun broke through.





Everyone needs a giant can of soup!


Well, I did. My allergies were crazy and my breathing was rough.


Meanwhile Saturday there was fishing (isn't he a cute little guy?) and there was fishing....


They actually had a guide who took then around the lake and show them the best spots. Meanwhile, I slept with my allergies now moving into the realm of bronchitis. Blah!


I missed the boat trip.


But I was there for the rain which was a downpour.

Anyway, this was a great little weekend get away and I would highly recommend this quick get away to anyone wanting to exit DFW or anywhere in the Ok, La, Tx area. I told my honey I could easily live here, if I can learn to breath here. We all loved it so much and to see the look on his face when he came to tell me they caught 60 fish (they ended up with 70). Not to mention the fun the little one had. Even the dogs came home tired. I'm the only one that came home with bronchitis but that's the way it goes.


Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Raewyn @ Be A Warrior Queen said...

Oh no!! Feel better!! I'm glad you had a blast though!

Laura @Simply Me, The way I see it said...

It was a total blast...but I have paid for it all week!

Popular Posts