Friday, March 7, 2014

Living for Today: Let go, be a victim or a survivor!

This blog may seem harsh but this is not only how I really feel but this blog is true.



Are you a victim or a survivor?













Have you ever known anyone so consumed with what happened in the past that not only can they not let it go but they make up facts that didn't happen and seem happy in feeling wronged? They play they victim and try and convince everyone they didn't get a fair shake. They get into business that isn't theirs. They sit around feeling sorry for themselves. They make a big deal about things that don't matter and that can easily be replaced. They are stuck. They are not embracing the now because they are so wronged by the past.



















Life moves on and everyone else has moved with it but some people are stuck remembering their glory days of being a great athlete or the beauty queen. Nobody else cares about what happened 1, 5, 10, or 15 years ago or even last October. Life moves too fast for everyone. Everyone has problems of their own. Things in the real world don't stop because you are stuck and people don't have time for your games.



Being stuck is a terrible place to be. Being stuck makes you focus on all the things that don't matter. Counting how many times and by whom you were wronged doesn't make anyone happy, least of all the person reliving a past, much of which probably didn't happen at all the way they have convinced themselves it happened. Sorry, that's a fact. It simply didn't happen the way you think but it makes you happy to feel sorry for yourself so you make it up and try to generate pity.













Life isn't fair. Everyone has things that they struggle with. Everyone has illness and pain to overcome. Nobody gets a fair shake. We all have baggage and we have ALL been in bad places. It is all about moving forward and surviving.




I had a hard time getting over my past relationship because I felt I wasn't treated right. Guess what, I wasn't treated right. Who cares? Nobody cared but me and in the end I lost friends because of decisions I made that were bad. I focused on how I was wronged and how I was hurt and how I didn't get a fair shake but in the end, people got tired of hearing it. Nobody felt sorry for me but me. Nobody wanted to be around my bitter, negative self. The world moved on. It wasn't until I was able to let go of the hurt, anger, and frustration that I was able to heal myself and move on too. Moving on was the best thing I ever did because I could live again. Moving on was necessary for me to find happiness and I have found that.



You can't blame anyone for your present except yourself. If you don't like where you are at, change before someone else changes it for you. If you are unhappy in your relationship fix it or walk away. Do something.



You control your happiness. You are responsible for your situation, nobody else. People may pity you for a while when you play the victim but the story gets old. You choose to be a victim. The rest of us choose to be survivors.





















Simply,

Laura

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone





Popular Posts