Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The L Word


There are so many options for L that it's hard to pick just one but I am going with laughter.   

You see while love is the greatest L word, without laughter there can't be love. Think about it.

If you are a mother, you know sometimes you have to laugh or cry.  When your child decides to redecorate the walls, for example.   No matter how talented your 3 year old is, their crayon art is probably not what you had in mind for your living room walls. Laughter is what saves you and let's face it, your child.  

Think about some of the dumbest things you have ever done.  Many of them likely happened between 14 and 24 years of age....the dumb years.  You are not alone, we all suffered the dumb years.  Our saving grace?  We can laugh about it.   

I don't you how anyone else's marriage works but mine, but laughter is why I am with my husband and laughter is why he is still alive.   My husband tells the world's worst jokes but he tells them in a way that makes me laugh.  His ability to make me laugh is what attracted me to him in the first place.   For those who aren't up to speed,  we "met" on Twitter first and met in person about a month later.   While neither of us were looking for a relationship, we knew right away we would be friends.  Why?  We laughed a lot.  Now that laughter saves me from staying angry.   When I am upset at my husband or kid or life it the latest stupid thing Donald Trump said,  my husband starts making funny faces.  He has the craziest funny faces and he learned really quickly in our marriage,  making me laugh is a lot better than listening to my ginger anger. It's a lot safer too.   I'm less likely to kill him if he is making me laugh!  

In the end, laughter is what gets us to love and through love.  And if none of that works remember when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you and when you're laughing the sun comes shinning through.  If Louis Armstrong sang it, it must be true! 





No comments:

Popular Posts