Monday, January 27, 2014

Child safety: Clarifying today's blog

I just want to clear up something since I realize it has apparently caused some confusion for some of you. When I said I wasn't posting photos of the kids in my family any longer I meant all the kids. I have several in my life that I consider part of my extended family. I think the number is safely up to 9 and I am lucky that way.

I would never do anything I thought could harm a child. Any child. I watch a lot of ID TV so I am probably what you would consider overly protective. I try to make the right decisions whenever there are kids at my house. I always have. It doesn't matter if it is my God Daughter, one of my nieces, one of my nephews, or a child of a friend. They are all precious and need to be protected. There are just too many bad people out there. My brother is a police detective and he has never brought this up.

Now, with that out of the way I should also say, if you post a blog and you put pictures of your kids on it, I respect your decision and I am sure you are making a safe decision for your family. Like I said, I am overly protective. Maybe there is a reason I don't have kids myself. I would suffocate them!
If you do post those pictures, please make sure the GeoTag is turned off. You would be surprised how cleaver criminals can be and if Facebook isn't private, please make it that way.

Okay, that's all I wanted to say. I hope you all have a happy Monday.

Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts