Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 5 Challenge: My Dream House






When I first saw this challenge I thought, oh this is easy, I will pick something outrageous like this:




I mean, who doesn't want a $3 million mansion on the lake with a pool, hand scraped floors, a media room, a game room and two kitchens. (Why two kitchens? I have no clue...maybe rich people eat more?)












As I was drifting off to sleep, I was thinking about my dream house and realized that it isn't a mansion on the lake. Don't get me wrong, that is nice too and if someone wants to buy me one, hey, I won't turn it down.




No, my dream house is a home with someone wonderful to share it with. A home where I can put up my Christmas tree and bake cookies with the kids to leave for Santa. It's the place where my kids can wake their father and I up at some insane hour on Christmas morning because they are SO excited, just like my brother and I did to our parents. My dream house is the place where I make eggs and bacon for my family on Sunday mornings before we all pile into the car and go to church, just like my Mom did for us. My dream house is the place where my husband brings me flowers just because it's Tuesday and it is the place where I cook him his favorite meal just because it makes him smile. (Hopefully, he likes Italian because I make killer pasta sauce!) My dream house is the place where the dogs curl up on the sofa and watch over the family. My dream house is filled with laughter and tears because all houses have both. My dream house has the baseball game on and friends sitting around eating hot dogs & burgers, drinking Dr. Pepper and Shiner, laughing and cheering the Rangers on to one more win. My dream house has a yard where the kids play catch and tag and a sidewalk where they can ride bikes. My dream house doesn't have to be perfect, after all, the people that live there aren't. No, my dream house has four walls & a roof but it is warm and inviting and it is filled with love.
















Have a Terrific Tuesday!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Popular Posts