Friday, March 22, 2013

Fitness Friday: Take back your POWER! (Plus WE BEAT THE ANGELS!)


First my apologies to Rachel.  I promised my brackets today and I was trying to finish them last night but this is a huge undertaking and not something I can take lightly so, they will be finished next week however, I have a peview below....kind of.   The brackets are chosen but the seeding is incomplete. 



___________________________________________________________________________________
HEAR WHAT OPRAH WINFREY HAD TO
SAY ABOUT MEN :

If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay. Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you ...from heartache.

Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be. Slower is better. Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy. If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.

Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is. Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better. The only person you can control in a relationship is you. Avoid men who have a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently? Always have your own set of friends separate from his. Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up. Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.

You cannot change a man's behavior. Change comes from within. Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are. Even if he has has more education or in a better job. Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.

Never let a man define who you are. Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you. All men are NOT dogs.

You should not be the one doing all the bending... Compromise is two way street. You need time to heal between relationships. There is nothing cute about baggage... Deal with your issues before pursuing a new
relationship. You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you. A relationship consists of two WHOLE
individuals. Look for someone complimentary...
not supplementary.

Dating is fun... Even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right. Make him miss you sometimes... When a man always know where you are, and you're always readily available to him ~ he takes it for granted. Never move into his mother's house. Never co-sign for a man. Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need. Keep him in your radar but get to know others.

Scared of being alone is what makes a lot of women stay in relationships that are abusive or hurtful: Dr. Phil says... You should know that: You're the best thing that could ever happen to anyone and if a man mistreats you, he'll miss out on a good thing. If he was attracted to you in the 1st place, just know that he's not the only one. They're all watching you, so you have a lot of choices. Make the right one. Ladies take care of your own hearts...

__________________________________________________________________________________


Fitness Friday

I said yesterday that something clicked last week and I realized that I am responsible for my own happiness.  This week I have been sort of in beast mode where my physical and mental fitness is concerned.  I have worked out all week in some form or another to the point that I am sore.  Not from falling off the bike.  The bruises actually don't bother me.  I am sore from the weight training I have done this week.  So sore that I had to take muscle relaxers and pain killers last night that may or may not have knocked me out before the Rangers walk off win.  I also may have awakened at 1am and saw the score on my phone and smiled.  Beating the Angels is good, even in spring training.  I don't care about CJ Wilson anymore.  I am over him leaving.  I am sick of listening to Josh Hamilton talk.  He left so why do we keep asking him why?  Who cares?  I don't care about Katie Hamilton and what she thinks about rings either.  They are gone, goodbye!  Oh, but I digress!


Mentally I have been working hard on myself. I love what Oprah says because she hits the nail on the head.  Women have a habit of accepting men who aren't trying and aren't giving 100%.  I don't give 50%  or 75% of myself in relationships, I give 200% of myself so asking for less than 100% back is just not acceptible.  

I completely agree with almost everything she says.  I have said before I don't agree with marrying someone for the sake of the child however taking responsibility is huge and any man who has kids that he doesn't care about is not a man that I could ever consider seriously.  I also don't abandon my friends so if I cared about the man enough to be involved with him, I won't give up the friendship because we can't be together.  Maybe I can see who he really is inside and I know that no matter what a jerk he can be, he is truly good and needs to know if he needs a friend, I am there.

I think the biggest part about this is that we, as women, do not value ourselves enough.  We are willing to accept situations that we wouldn't let our best friend even consider.  I know for me the fear is, "What if he is my last chance?  What if nobody else will ever want me?"  I want to have  baby but I get older every day.  I worry that when I do meet the one (assuming that I don't already know him) that it will be too late.  I have come to the realization that no matter what, I will have my child.  I will find a way to have a child because that is what matters to me.  What I won't do is have that child with someone who doesn't want to be with me.  What I won't do is force a relationship on a man that doesn't want me as part of the package. 

Women need to take back their power and their self-respect.  We are not defined by the roles we play but by the people who love us and who we love.  Don't waste your love on someone who doesn't want you and isn't worth it.  Your heart has it's own mind and it is hard to change it  but never accept less because you deserve more.

I read somewhere that women have a habit of trying to make a relationship work and men look at the relationship and think, if this doesn't work there are 100 other women out there it could work with.  We need to value ourselves more.  Men also need to value us more. We are complete, loving, caring, fabulous, strong, funny, beautiful creatures who have unique skills, talents, and passions and a good man will see us for who we are and run to us not away from us.  I have made excuses for men: 'He is afraid', 'He cares about me but doesn't want to', 'He needs time to figure out what he wants'.    In making those excuse I was devaluing myself.  I was saying to myself  'it is ok to wait for him to realize how awesome I am and what a loss it would be if we weren't together".  Well, guess what?  It is a loss.  It is very sad.   It also isn't my fault and in the end, it isn't really me who lost.  I still get to be with me.  He doesn't. 

Oh, and I am funny, awesome, loving, strong, beautiful, silly, and I have the biggest heart of anyone you will ever meet.  Yes, I am cray.  I am also finding my beast mode on the bike and in the gym again and anyone who misses out on being with me for any reason just flat out lost. 




Happy Friday Loves!!!
Enjoy the Ride!!!!

Simply,
Laura
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Popular Posts